A truly beautiful dessert that is simple and fun to create. The cardamom gives it a special kick! This recipe provides when you crave something special on a lazy mornings and also when seeking a decorative treat for expecting guests.
Try it, you’ll love it.
- 1 packages of puff pastry
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoons of cardamom
- 1 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons of powdered sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cut the apples in half and slice them with a mandoline.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it in 6 stripes (along the length) with a pizza slicer.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cardamom evenly on the dough. Be generous.
- Place the apple slices on the dough stripes (along the length), with half the apple slice being on the stripe and the other half “sticking out”, with the peel on the outer side.
- Gently roll up the puff pastry stripes.
- Fold in the dough at the bottom of the cupcake and make it smooth.
- Place the cupcakes in a muffin tin and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes (should they start to get brown from the heat, place baking paper on top of them).
- Once they are done, take them out of the muffin tin. (When they’re cooled off it’s harder to get them out.)
- Dust the Apple Roses with powdered sugar before serving.