Last week, I touched upon the importance of preparation and willpower when it comes to living a sustainable life. Since then I was tested to my limits, having been in five countries in less than six days. My mad schedule was coupled with a handicapped jaw after a gnarly oral surgery. Having said a final, but complicated goodbye to my wisdom teeth, I found myself in a less than an ideal scenario.
In consequence, I started to think about quick, easy-to-eat, healthy, on-the-go meals that fit into a pocket… Okay, perhaps a small travel container instead! After a bit of research, I quickly came around to nuts and dried fruits. One thing led to another and I was suddenly enjoying these tasty bites. Supercharged with all the good things.
Turn to these when working around the clock. I promise, they will keep you up and running. A straightforward solution to desperate hunger purchases packed in single-use materials. Easy to make, easy to take. Good for the mood, good for the tummy. These coco-date-oat power balls got your back.
- 250g dried & pitted dates
- 60g oats
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g cashews
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey/agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Place the oats, sunflower seeds, cashews, desiccated coconut in a food processor and pulse until they are crushed.
- Add the dates, honey/agave syrup, cacao powder and pulse until it’s fully mixed.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Repeat eleven times or until the mixture is finished.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Shout-out to Deliciously Ella for the recipe I got inspired by. Feel free to play around with the recipe as well by using different types of nuts. Pay attention to the proportions. Make sure you end up with a consistency that can be turned into delicious energy balls!