You’re not alone if you blackout on bananas becoming senior citizens on your kitchen counter. Here’s a super quick way of turning overripe bananas into delicious treats for your tummy. Within a couple of minutes we rescued these babes from the bin, and wrapped them in a coco hug destined for greatness. Let’s shift our perspectives of what we consider food waste and enjoy the countless ways of effectuation in the kitchen!
- 2 big (over)ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup oat milk
- ½ bag baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, coconut oil & oat milk.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into the muffin forms. If you feel fancy, sprinkle the tops with chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes.