This week I am checking in from the French Alps full of joy, riding high on the excitement that the mountains provide. As a lover of winter sports I am a fan of homemade treats that boost my energy when I am outdoors all day long. Treats that fit into a backpack and don’t take too much effort to make.
Thus, I bring you a sweet treat that is all of the above. Free of conventional ingredients, i.e. butter, eggs, milk and packed with nutritious nuts and plant-based goodies. Try it, enjoy it and crush whatever challenge lies ahead.
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 100 g ground almonds
- 50 g flour
- 20 g cocoa
- 100 ml coconut oil
- 100 ml plant-based milk of your choice
- 100 ml agave/ maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Ground almonds in a food processor and chop the walnuts with a large knife. Set half of the walnuts aside to decorate the brownies.
- Add all dry ingredients: ground almonds, chopped walnuts, flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Then, mix all wet ingredients: coconut oil, agave and plant-based milk in another mixing bowl. Then mix dry and wet ingredients until well combined.
- Line a small oven dish with parchment paper and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then spread walnuts on top and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then transfer to fridge to set. Cut to 6 wonderful pieces.