Today marks a special day! We are sharing our very first Green Tuesday salad recipe… and it is a good one! So far, we have been careful about sharing salad recipes for two main reasons. First, it was our gentle act of defiance against the belief that plant-based and vegetarian cooking is only about leafy veg. Second, it’s been a while since we got genuinely excited about a salad recipe. All this has changed after trying this treat by our good friend and food enthusiast: Kelly.
This week, we peek into Kelly’s kitchen and put the spotlight on her refreshing summer salad. The seasonal nectarines give the meal a surprising and wonderful twist and bring rays of sunshine right into your belly. For a full meal serve aside quinoa or fresh sourdough bread. Light, quick and delicious. A summer salad to make your taste buds tingle!
- 2 ripe nectarines
- 100g of baby spinach
- 100g of (vegan) white cheese
- 2 handful of walnuts (~ 40g)
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt to taste
- Take a lovely salad bowl and spread out the baby spinach.
- Remove the nectarines’ pits and cut them into small slices.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and roast them for optimal taste. Then set them aside to cool.
- Crumble the white cheese and spread it over the spinach and nectarine slices.
- Garnish the salad with balsamic vinegar according to taste.*
- Top it all with roasted walnuts and coarse salt.
* When it comes to the dressing there are no rights and wrongs. Just use the amount that you like. If you find the taste of the balsamic vinegar too intense, try to mix it up with extra virgin olive oil.
P.S. Hugs & credits to Kelly for sharing her recipe and snapping these mouth-watering images!