With the arrival of the good weather, and the fridge filled with fresh goods that are traditionally regarded as ‘salad’ ingredients, I got inspired to bring a fresh wrap recipe to table. This gem is meant to bring some warm summer vibes into your home. Tzatziki for the win! An easy, fresh, no-cook meal to wrap up your day.
The best part? Minimal food waste, resource efficiency and valuable time saved!
On the right a pic you see the minimal amount of compostable waste we produced by making this dish. Composting is cool, do it if you can!
Chopped veggies for filling:
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small purple onion
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of purple grapes
- Quarter of a whole lettuce
- 0,5 cucumber, diced
- Salt, pepper, dill
- Chopped mint leaves (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup of yoghurt of choice
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas (~125g)
+ Wraps of your choice
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces, add the pieces into a bowl with salt to let them drain.
- Chop the rest of the veggies: purple onion, red pepper, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and purple grapes. Place them each into small dishes for serving.
- Make chickpea tzatziki. Mix the yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, salt, pepper, chopped mint leaves (optional) and garlic. Add the drained cucumbers. Add the chickpeas after partly mashing them to make the tzatziki creamier.
- Fill wraps with chickpea tzatziki and veggies.
… And that’s a wrap. Enjoy! ❤