This recipe is completely adaptable to what you can find in your nearest supermarket. The choice for both the veg and the curry paste is up to you. The dish also serves as an awesome lunchbox. We whipped it up last night in the midst of painting our new office… Much faster than ordering takeout! Sometimes we just need to be creative and use our fridge’s treasures! It’s cool to choose sensibility over convenience.
- 1 can of chickpeas (~250 g)
- 1 can of coconut milk (~400 ml)
- 0,5 jar green curry paste (*Thai Green Curry Paste)
- 150 g of sugar snaps
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful cashews (optional)
- 1,5 cups of Basmati rice
- 2,5 cups of water
Prepare the rice:
- Add rice to rice cooker & cover with water • Let the rice cooker work it’s magic
Prepare the curry:
- Add the diced onion to a pan with a bit of olive oil & stir on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the green curry paste & stir together.
- Add coconut milk and stir together until homogenous & turn up the temperature to medium high.
- Add chickpeas, cook for 2 minutes
- Add sugar snaps, cook for 2 minutes
- Add halved cherry tomatoes & turn off the heat
Serve with rice, garnish with cashews (optional) & eat with love! ❤