One of our aspirations is to maximise resource efficiency and to cook with minimal waste. Ensuring that we use most of what we can from veggies is a good way to start! This green goodie is motivated by some leftover broccoli, and the desire to showcase that the stalk of a broccoli belongs in the pan just as much the florets!
- 1 small/ medium sized broccoli
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 small potato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 l vegetable stock
- Handful of (baby) spinach leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ricotta (optional)
- Prepare the vegetables:
– Peel and finely chop the garlic.
– Peel the potato and cut it into dices.
– Trim and chop the celery and broccoli, including the stalk. Work the woody parts away, the rest is up for grabs!
- Pick the mint leaves, then finely chop most of them, spare a few leaves to garnish.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Soften the garlic and potato for 1 minute, then add the celery for 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stock. Continue cooking for another 8 minutes, then add the spinach and mint leaves. Blend it all in a food processor.
- Season and serve. Garnish with the remaining mint leaves!
If you need something extra, crumble over some ricotta.