Getting out of the door in the morning is not an easy task to master. It’s a challenge all of us face on a daily basis. Yet, we don’t think too much about the impact of our mornings. Often, we hit snooze, run behind the clock and compromise on things that set us up for greatness. Physically and mentally.
I often say, “I am not a morning person”. The phrase serves as an easy way out when one wants to hide between soft pillows with a big cup of coffee. In all honesty, I do know there are tools at my fingertips to set me up for a productive day. It just takes preparation and willpower.
Do you recognise yourself? If so, this goodie is here to make the morning work for you instead of against you. Besides, the wide-ranging nutritional benefits of flaxseed, the meal only takes 5 minutes to make. A hassle-free alternative to take-away coffee and pastry in single-use plastic. Perfect in reused jam jars on-the-go or along a big bowl of fruits at home. Take your pick and rock the morning!
- 1 cup of (brown) flaxseed
- 2 cups of oat milk *
- 1 (overripe) banana
- 1-2 dried and pitted dates
- Pinch of salt
+ Fruits & nuts of your choice
- Add all ingredients in a blender: flaxseed, oat milk, banana, dates. Blend until smooth.
- Portion into small containers and refrigerate until set to a pudding-like consistency.
- Top with your favourite fruits and nuts.
* Feel free to use the plant based milk of your choice. You can adjust the consistency of the final result based on how much milk you add. Experiment and see what serves you best!