What do busy bees turn to who want to give it their best in their social life and kick butt at hosting loved ones? Soup is the answer! ?
At the end of last week, I was awaiting my sister and brother in law in Rotterdam while juggling that famous work-life balance. After spotting a cauli in the fridge this soup came together in a heartbeat. Nothing like a warm soup to feel like you are taken care of. When in need, turn to soup!
- 1 small cauliflower (~550 g florets)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1,8 l veggie stock
- Thyme, salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic bread for serving (optional)
- Chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the chopped onion & garlic and stir until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower & salt, give it a good stir, put the lid on top, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, add the wine and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas, add to the pot with the stock, black pepper and thyme. Turn the heat up to boil, then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender to bring it to its full glory.
- Garnish with chili flakes & ground pepper, serve with garlic bread.
P.S. I used dried chickpeas, if you do too then make sure they are pre-cooked. Enjoy! ❤