The final countdown until Christmas is on. Following the last weeks’ festive main dishes it’s time for a sweet treat to compliment your veg-loving festive supper. Rich in flavour and quick to make. Our only wish for a dessert this year.
While it’s important to put great food on the dinner table, we can all agree that the holidays should not be about working our fingers to the bone just so we can cater to our traditions of overindulgence. As an attempt to counterbalance this tendency, I want to introduce an exotic treat that takes almost no time to make and is seriously easy to master.
The holidays provide an excellent opportunity to reflect on the year thus far. Let’s make sure we put that time for reflection on the agenda instead of running around like a headless chicken. It’s not only complex dishes that can give your belly the Christmas feels. Here’s a plant-based pod of love to let you focus on what matters to you most.
- 150 g extra dark chocolate
- 200 g coconut cream
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 Medjool date
- 5 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
+ Coconut rasp & fresh fruits for serving
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Break the chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt.
- Meanwhile, halve and destone the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a food processor.
- Add all ingredients and pulse until combined. Creamy and smooth is the consistency we are going for.
- Divide the mousse between six small bowls. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, serve with rasped coconuts, fresh fruits or chocolate gratings.^
^ Get creative about the serving options by checking our pictures. This sweet treat works well in cute pods, but also makes a fancy dessert in cocktail glasses. Take your pick!