One of the biggest challenges of plant-based cooking is creating creamy dressings and sauces. Plants and animals differ, thus the result of cooking with ingredients from either or will also yield different results. So, we learn to dial our expectations accordingly. Yet, all of us can crave the silky, smooth stuff that binds dishes together. For those of us.. I have good news!
This tasty tahini dressing was brought to my attention as a vegan, gluten-free alternative that is super creamy and finger licking delicious. More than that, it takes no time to make. Amazing on baked veggies or on fresh salads. No dairy, reduced foodprint and heavenly tastes! Convinced yet?
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water (or a plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or agave
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Take a bowl and whisk all ingredients together until fully incorporated.^
- Refrigerate in an airtight container. and consume within two days.
^ Feel free to add extra ingredients such as fresh herbs, mustard or smoked paprika to create different variations. Little changes lead to new, versatile and full flavours!